Cookies on The Parent Connection: The couple connection uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use the couple connection, we will assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this site.

fathers right

Posted by: Anonymous
Tue 29, May 2012 at 6:34pm
After Separation

hi, my x said she is going to change the kids names to hers as we have nva been married, now a can only get the kids every other wk/end due to my financal situation as a had a PCL operation last year and its hard to find work at present, my name is on both the birth certificates, is there any thing a can do to stop this from happening??

  This was of help to 100% of people  


  • Pc Jamie Flag

    you might find this article on parental responsibilty useful . if your children were born after 2003 and you are on the birth certificate , you probably have parental responsibilty .

    Tue 29, May 2012 at 7:07pm
  • User-anonymous Anonymous Flag

    I wonder if you found the article helpful. You said very little about your relationship with your long you were together...or whether it would be possible for you to get her to go to mediation with you. Mediation is where a person trained not to take sides helps you and your ex partner agree on the best way forward for the kids. Do you think your ex partner might agree to attend. It can really help separated couples get on in the way they parent the kids. this article explains what it is about. I do hope this helps.

    Fri 8, Jun 2012 at 5:39pm