Cookies on The Parent Connection: The couple connection uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use the couple connection, we will assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this site.

My wife is leaving with our unborn child (Same sex couple).

Posted by: Anonymous
Fri 3, Mar 2017 at 11:14am

We are a married same sex couple. My wife has decided to leave our home for various reasons with 6 weeks left until the birth of our child. Does she have to put my name on the birth certificate ? We were married at the time of conception.

  This was of help to 0% of people  


  • Pc jaybee (moderator) Flag

    Hi, thank you for your enquiry. I've done some homework on this but I haven't found anything to confirm that your partner would be required to put your name on the birth certificate. You might want to speak to a registrar to get clarification of this.
    If the issue for you is whether or not you would have Parental Responsibility for your child, you would, by virtue of being married to the child's mother.
    If you want to check this and get more information on PR here's a link to page of the government's website dealing with this:

    Sun 5, Mar 2017 at 3:33pm
  • User-anonymous Peacefulwarrior Flag

    Hi jaybee,

    Thank you for your response.

    Mon 6, Mar 2017 at 9:25pm